- What is the Sage X3 software version and patch level?
- Are you using a SQL Server or Oracle database? What is the version of that database?
- Is this the first time occurrence? Has it been recent or gradual?
- Is the Sage X3 application server on a different virtual machine than the SQL server, and are both virtual machines on different host machines? Symptoms include all Administration menu items being fast and all other menu items elsewhere being slow (takes a few minutes to open). See knowledgebase article 73952 linked below.
- What changed?
- What are the users doing EXACTLY when it gets slow?
You may use attached document "Sage_EM_Architecture_Sizing_Questionnaire_ENG_v1.0.docx" to verify that the Hardware and Software versions are compatible and meets the requirements of Sage X3. This will also help in determining Environment issues noted in the next section below.
Does your architecture correspond with the Sage X3 documentation?
Some considerations for a virtual environment in KB ID 79722: Can I deploy Sage X3 in a virtual environment?